Our herd is friendly, healthy, & truly magnificent.
Rules and Criteria
- Riders must be at least 6 years old.
- Riders under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- 2 chaperones are required for each youth/school group.
- Max 6 children ages 10 or under per ride.
- Weight limit is 240lbs
- We can accommodate 15 riders per ride.
- No “free range” riding, all rides are guided by Wranglers.
- Must wear closed-toed shoes/boots, recommend long pants.
- Must fill in a Waiver at Front Desk before ride.
- Reservation paid in full up front (Non Refundable).
- No refunds if you cancel or do not show up.
- We only cancel if there is thunder/lightning.
* To assure the date and time you wish to ride, we highly recommend that you make Horseback Trail Riding reservations well in advance of the date you wish to ride. Even if you are staying with us, please make horseback reservations when you are making room reservations if possible.
Craving for more time in the saddle?! We offer 2 hour rides in the Hill Country State Natural Area on 5,500 acres of horse trails! Ride up into the hills with views for miles!
3 Person Minimum for 2 hours: $100 per person ($50/hr)
2 People for 2 hours: $120 per person
(Each additional hour in the saddle is $30 after 2hr minimum)
Gourmet Saddlebag Snacks included in 3hrs or more!
LIMITS: Riders must be UNDER 230 lbs & at least 12yrs old unless approved by Head Wrangler
Offered off site. Must have own transportation to meet your horse at the State Park (15 scenic miles from the Resort!)
FOR PARK RIDES, CONTACT:
Tawni Solise – Head Wrangler
Mobile: (830) 688-2933
Work: (830) 796-7022 (leave a message).
The Head Wrangler, Tawni Solise, has been with the Ranch for over 15 years. You can view Tawni, a rodeo circuit star, on the Catalena Cowgirl’s Website. Tawni’s right-hand man, Joe Bob, is locally considered one of the few remaining authentic cowboys.